Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort is located in the Animal Kingdom Area of Walt Disney World. With many high end touches and Spanish influence around the result, you probably will not believe the moderate resort price point! Let’s take a look at different rooms/ suites offered, amenities around the resort, and mistakes that I first made so you can avoid them! If you want more information or help finding out is Disney’s Coronado Springs is the best option for your family, you can request a complimentary travel quote here. After that I can help you start planing your magical vacation!
There are many different room options available at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort from your 2 queen bed standard rooms to Executive Suite Casitas and Presidential Suites! I am going to list them all out for you in order of price increasing. Prices are based like most Walt Disney World rooms by location or distance from lobby and views.
Typical Resort Room
For your cheapest rooms they are classified as standard, and will be further away from the main lobby with views of the gardens or parking lots. The next level is your water view rooms that will pool or lake. Then you will have the preferred rooms that will all be closer to the lobby area for ease of access. This will also mean they are close to the main dining area and shopping. The rooms in the tower will be much like the others with standard view or water view options. These will be the closest to the main lobby in that they are in the tower which houses all these amenities.
Casitas are also located closer to the main lobby and have 1 bedroom and executive suites available. The 1 bedroom casitas will have 2 Queen beds and 1 Queen-Size Pullout in the living area. This will sleep up to 6 adults. The Executive Suites will have 1 King Bed and 2 Queen Beds and 1 Queen-Size Sleeper Sofa sleeping up to 8 adults. There will also be a large dining and living area.
Club level comes with many special perks with your resort stay. At Disney’s Coronado Springs, that could not be more true! All Club level rooms are housed in the new Gran Destino Tower. Both the Deluxe and 1 Bedroom Suites can sleep up to 4 adults while the Presidential Suites sleep up to 6 adults.
The Club Level amenities include:
- Daily Housekeeping Service
- Access to Disney Signature Services—for personal assistance with your vacation.
- Complimentary health club access
- Secured key access to the club-level lounge, serving refreshments 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. daily
- Personalized Front Desk and Guest Services
- Access to Concierge service at the Chronos Club
- Complimentary newspapers in Club Level lounge
As mentioned above Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort has a Spanish influence in a very sophisticated way. This is a great resort if you want to step into a more subtle Disney presence when you arrive back at your resort. While there are some hidden Mickeys around the resorts and a mural of Walt in the bar area, there really isn’t a large Walt Disney World presence here in the decor. I love the way that they have it mixed it, without it bring over the top, making it very elegant in my option. However, the large Walt mural has to be my favorite art on property! I have not idea how I left my stay without getting a picture of it. I guess I was too awestruck to remember to actually take a photo!
This resort is also home to some of the most beautiful light fixtures. When first entering Gran Destino Tower you are greeted by 2 walls full of amazing lanterns that are floor to ceiling. This lighting continues all over the resort. There is also water all around the resort with fountains both in the lobby and the lake. The sound of water is giving a peaceful and relaxing ambience throughout.
Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort is home to 6 resultants and 2 lounges.
- Three Bridges Bar & Grill is an outdoor area that is well decorated and is in the middle of the lake where the three bridges all meet (hints the name.) They have a very relaxed yet elegant feel serving some Latin inspired cuisine. This is a very popular spot and home to the Sangria University. We will talk more about this interactive class below.
- Toledo- Tapas, Steak, & Seafood is a roof top restaurant offering fine dinning. Reservations are accepted, and suggested for this popular location.
- Rix Sports Bar & Grill is located on the first floor of the main building. With over 31 state-of-the-art TVs this is an upscale sports lounge that is perfect for watching the game. Dining reservations are accepted, but on most day it is pretty easy to join the Walk-up List. You can get breakfast, lunch, dinner, and drinks!
- Maya Grill is a Mexican dining room featuring Nuevo Latino cuisines. Reservations are accepted at this location as well.
- El Mercado de Coronado is the main dining locations at Disney’s Coronado Springs. This is the quick service location that has something for everyone! Breakfast, lunch, dinner, and late night sweets are going to be available for you with plenty of seating as well.
- Cafe Rix is only open during the morning hours, but is worth a visit if you catch it open! Cafe Rix is another quick service breakfast option that has an array of pastries, fruits, sweets, and specialty coffees and smoothies.
- Dahlia Lounge is a rooftoop lounge inspired by Spanish surrealism according to Disney. This is a very elegant lounge with amazing views.
- Barcelona Lounge is the more popular of the 2 located on the bottom floor of the main lobby. It has duel personalities because in morning time is is a quick service espresso bar. At night it is transformed to a Spanish-style Gin Tonic lounge. With larger than life windows you can look out over the beautiful lake views or see the huge art pieces featuring Walt.
Special Recreational Offerings
While you can find most Walt Disney World Resort amenities like movies under the stars, a playground, pool, jogging trails, and arcade, there are a few special offerings that are only available at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort. You do not have to be a guest at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort to participate in these special offerings.
This dining event is held at Three Bridges Bar & Grill. It is a very popular experience that accepts reservations. I highly suggest booking this experience 60 days prior to travel, because it tends to book up! You can attend this class on Saturdays and Sundays and last approximately 90 minutes. In this experience you will explore many different fruits and flavors of sangria, and make your own creations. Four different sangria offerings and a light appetizer will be served. to you during this event. The cost is $59 per person.
Spanish Mosaic Art
Create your own Disney themed artwork to take home with you to remember you trip with the Spanish art tradition. You can attend this experiece on Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday from 1-3 PM. The cost per project is $25 and can be found in the Dahlia Lounge in the Gran Destino Tower. Anyone under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult. Reservations are available in advance.
Colors of Coronado Painting Experience
This is similar to a Painting with a Twist class. While every painting is inspired by Disney, they will differ between classes. Class is located in Toledos at the top of Gran Destino Tower. You can paint along on Fridays for 2 hours (1-3 PM) and cost $35 per painting.
My Takeaway and Tips You Will Want to Know about Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
The standard room (at least the ones I have stayed in) decor has a subtle Three Caballeros Theme throughout with the artwork around the room. The biggest thing that I loved about this room is there is a ceiling fan! It is not very often you will find a fan in a room, and when you return from a hot park day, it is magical!
In Room Storage
When you are bringing a family into a hotel room for a full week, space can get tight quickly. Thankfully Disney has already thought of this and added a lot of storage to their rooms. The beds have enough space to allow for empty suitcase to be store under them and out of the way. There is a dresser with 6 large drawers to allow for room to unpack and put away clothes. there is also a small closet with some hangers to hang a few items. The bathroom area has tons of storage for all your vanity needs!
This resorts covers a very large area, but thankfully there are multiple bus stops located around the resort. There are 4 bus stops around the outskirts of the resort allowing for your room to be a reasonable walking distance from one. There are also benches and a cover over your bus stop, which is not an amenity at a value resort.
Large Resort Area
As I said, this is a very large resort surrounding a lake in the middle. There are 3 bridges to help you cut down the walking from one part to the other, but it can still be a pretty long walk. There a few things I learned during my stay at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort.
The big one is to use the buses to get to the front of the resort! How it took me almost a week to figure this out, I do not know. If you are located in some of the furthest rooms away from the main lobby and dining, you can just head to your closest bus stop. Trust me on this. When a bus comes around, and they do frequently, just ask if they still need to stop at bus stop number 1 (the main lobby.) If so just hop of this bus and ride around to the other bus stop and hop off! That will save you so many steps!
How wonderful does this resort sound? If you would like to take advantage of my free Disney planning services, I would love to help you plan the most magical vacation for your family! Be sure to check out our article with insider tips to find out how our family saves hundreds on every Disney vacation!