Pepper Jack Taquitos are so simple to make! There is very little prep, cooking, or even cleaning! Let’s get to it!
First, we like to use a rotisserie chicken for this recipe. It calls for 3 cups, however, we usually use all the meat from the chicken for this dish. You will want to go ahead and shred your chicken.
Next melt your cream cheese in a bowl. Add in onion powder, garlic powder, chili powder, cumin, lime juice, chilies, pepper jack cheese, and chicken. It will have a similar consistency to that of chicken salad.
Add approximately two tablespoons of the mixture to the center of a fajita size tortilla. I prefer to fold rather than roll them just to keep them from being so messy with my toddler. I fold two sides of the tortilla to meet in the middle, and repeat again with the remaining to sides. It should look something like this:
Lastly, place them on a cookie sheet and cook at 350 degrees for 5 minutes, flip, and bake for another 3 minutes. That is it! I like to serve this with taco sauce and sour cream, as well as Mexican rice.
Pepper Jack Taquitos
- 8 oz Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups Pepper Jack Cheese Shredded
- 1 can Diced Green Chilies
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 2 tbsp Lime Juice
- 3 cups Chicken Rotisserie
- 20 Fajita Tortillas
- Taco Sauce For Topping
- Sour Cream For Topping
- Preheat oven to 350*
- Melt cream cheese in a bowl.
- Add in green chilies, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, chili powder, and lime juice.
- Mix in shredded pepper jack and chicken.
- Fill tortillas with approx. 2 tbsp of the mixture.
- Fold the tortillas with mixture inside and lay on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 5 minutes, flip taquitos, and bake for another 3 minutes.
- Serve with taco sauce and cream cheese.
You can even meal prep this recipe by wrapping the pepper jack taquitos in parchment paper and foil. Keep them in a zip lock bag in the freezer until ready to cook. Bake them at 400 degrees until heated through.
Need an easy dessert to follow-up the pepper jack taquitos with? Try the Cherry Cheese Delight our family loves!